Hinterland Osteopathy and Health – COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocols
Hinterland Osteopathy and Health is an essential health service and is OPEN.
We continue to monitor case numbers within our surrounding local government areas. If numbers spike, we may restrict our bookings to emergency appointments only and consider closing if case numbers escalate. We would like to reiterate that we are taking every precaution possible to ensure your safety. You and your family’s health and safety are of utmost importance to us, we ask that you follow our policy surrounding the coronavirus and hygiene practices.
We will continue to review our hygiene policy and procedures in line with NSW Health guidelines and recommendations. The following list outlines our protocols to help lower the risk of infection to ourselves and to our patients.
Our current procedures:
- All patients will be sent a health and wellness screen prior to attending their appointment.
- Please cancel your appointment if you have ANY signs or symptoms of Corona Virus or a cold/flu. Please cancel your appointment even if your symptoms are mild and there is no risk that you have contracted coronavirus.
- If there are people already waiting in reception area upon arrival to your appointment, we request you simply wait outside, in your car or in another room that may be available in the clinic.
- We ask that you wear a mask prior to entry and for the duration of your appointment. Mask wearing is mandatory for both vaccinated and unvaccinated persons. Masks are available for patients. Please let us know if you require one on arrival.
- We ask that you QR code/sign in upon entry.
- We have placed hand sanitiser at the entrance of the clinic and we ask that you use this upon entry and prior to touching the reception desk and EFTPOS machine.
- We will wear a face mask throughout your appointment and can also wear gloves for the hands-on aspect of your care.
- Our practitioners are taking extra care to frequently wash their arms and hands and have gloves and masks that can be worn during treatments.
- All clinic linen is routinely changed between each patient.
- We are thoroughly sanitising our treatment tables, door handles, work desks and chairs between each patient, including all surfaces and equipment that patients have come in contact with.
- On top of these cleaning procedures, we are regularly cleaning all frequently touched surfaces including reception chairs, door handles, reception desk, EFTPOS machine and any stationery that has been in contact with patients.
- We are frequently sterilising the bathroom door handles, tap fittings and sink. This will be routinely done after any patient or practitioner has used the bathroom.
- We will be screening patients prior to their appointments to check if they have recently travelled overseas, socialised or come in contact with populations who are potentially at risk of having the Covid-19 virus or if they are experiencing any signs or symptoms of a cold or flu.
- If case numbers are currently present within our LGA, we will have longer gaps between appointments meaning that there is reduced chances of cross over between you and the next patient.
Please call us to cancel or reschedule your appointment if you;
- Need to self-isolate.
- Are feeling unwell
- Have a sore throat, fever or cough and are showing signs or symptoms of cold or flu.
- Have been in contact with any place, anyone or group of people who may have been exposed to the Covid-19 virus.
We trust that we can continue to practice safely if we work together and are mindful of the precautions that are essential to prevent the spread of Covid-19 virus.
We will continue to follow Government health advice and update you with any pertinent information on our Facebook page and website. Please call or email us to discuss any concerns or questions that you have.
Kate Egan (Osteopath) and Neil Moran (Osteopath)
We are open as usual and are taking extra care to keep our patients safe. The Government is frequently updating information on Coronavirus. For current information from the Department of Health follow this link: https://www.health.gov.au/resources/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-what-you-need-to-know